Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fly Tying Tip


  So I had a bunch of Chenille ,the yarn stuff for you non-fly guys, that was just taking up space in my tying box and getting in the way. I also always seem to cut way more than I am going to use and I ended up wasting a good inch or two each.  So I came up with this idea.  I took a bunch of old 35mm film cases that a friend gave me and put them to good use.
1. Start by putting a hole in the cap of the film case. 
2. Next insert a roll of Chenille into the case trying to keep the Chenille from getting twisted or kinked. 
3. At the end of the roll incert the small tail into the hole in the cap.  And there you have it, a tidy case for your Chenille.
 
You can use the case just like a bobbin as well to limit waste when you are tying.  Anyway there you go, your diy tip for the day.

Cheers,

Then Bearded Boar

0 comments:

Post a Comment