Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Flies of a Different Color

Most of the time flies are bright or colorful, they have nice structure and look appealing to the eye. I love tying Pheasant Tail Nymphs, Soft Hackles, BWO, Hoppers, Lefty's Deceiver and really endless amounts variations of each.  But, recently I have been toying around with other flies, ugly ones to be exact. Flies that curdle your stomach, make you want to hide your children, and bring the dog in. I am speaking of the Carp Fly.
  I have a long standing belief that carp flies should be ugly, simple, but hideous.  So I went about tying some new patterns last week and here are a few that I came up with.

Enjoy,

The Bearded Boar














2 comments:

  1. That last one is crazy, cool looking! Looks like a Muppet fly. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we can call him Gonzo for sure.

    ReplyDelete