Sunday, July 22, 2012

Open letter to the boot industry.

Dear outdoor boot and footwear makers,

Greetings I am an average hunter who likes his feet. In fact I love my feet to the point I wash them daily, trim the nails often and generally don't like breaking their bones (though I have three times). I don't want to sound like a nag, but is there something you guys can do about generally making a high lace boot comfortable and still maintain it's intended purpose, high ankle support and protection? It seems like there are a lot of you who insist on being like everyone else and making the same thing year after year and not attempting to revolutionize the industry.

I will not name names, but as I see it there are a lot of simple leather, neat poly and Gore-Tex misused in the same simple ways. And they all make my feet hurt. Please look into arch support and points in which material folds to determine if blisters and or bleeding may occur. I understand all boots need to be broken in but not at the expense of my dermis and toe nails staying on.

So take a page from the camo garment industry, they have new materials and new designs that we like and are buying. Just try to make the support of a ski/snowboard boot, the practicality of a trail running shoe, the durability of an alligator and the comfort of a slipper. I'll buy that and if you make in it my favorite camo I'll buy two.

Thanks for you time an effort,

The Bearded Boar

0 comments:

Post a Comment