Thursday, August 25, 2011

From Fat to Western Athlete

In the past I have had many struggles with my weight, I tend to bounce between 200lbs and 250lbs.  In March of 2010 I was at 210, getting down in my preferred weight range when, of all things I tore my right knee up.  Not just cut on the knee cap, a meniscus tear and some IT damage.  Under the knife I went after a long struggle with pre-surgery attempts at physical therapy to strengthen my knees.  So a few steaks, peices of cake, high calorie beers and lots of non-activity I got to 250lbs.  This is biggest I have ever been in my life.  But really big does not describe the hugeness of the situation, I am fat, lard butt, girthy, big boned, and really just a lazy slob of a man.

  But that is changing, I declare this a liberation day on all fronts.  No I am not getting the Lap Band surgery, that would be too easy.  I am doing some old fashioned butt kick'n, Western Athlete style.  So here is how this blog of my hugeness reduction is going to play out....

  Western Athlete (n,v,ad.v ect.) A Western Athlete is more than just a hunter, fisherman and standard outdoors man. With great intensity he peruses the adrenaline filled world around us and with dedication he conquers it.  As a Western Athlete I am just as comfortable with a Bow, Gun and Fly rod as I am with a bicycle, running shoes, surfboard and chef's knife.  I am just as stoked to be hunting big game above water as I am below the water spearfishing for Pelagics. Being a Western Athlete is not just about loving everything that is west of the Rockies, but going beyond ones comforts zone and embracing God glorious creation.  If  there is a sweat-fueled activity that I can engage myself in, I am up for it. This is a journey of outdoor life through the eyes of a man on a mission to reduce his belt size.

   My goals will be laid out before you as well as my honest of my weight struggles and triumphs. No secrets, just passion.

Lets get it on.

T

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment