Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Generational Hunting

  I am a second generation hunter and I am raising the third generation as we speak.  My son Chew has already shown the desire to hunt for over a year now and October 15th he will be accompanying me on his first hunting trip for California Valley Quail.  He is normally camo clad through out the day, wears a holster with a squirt gun inside it and is clutching a plastic bow and makeshift arrows.  Two nights ago he and I were watching Pigman Tv while I was editing a video and he jumps up, grabs a piece of paper and starts to draw an epic hunting scene.  In his world arrows were being flung, Deer, Elk and Pigs were dropping like flies.  All by his hands.  I sat there asking question about the hunt, shot placement and how he wanted to cook them. It was a great moment for me as a father to see my son, without prodding (kinda), follow my footsteps of being an outdoorsman. It was a good day.

Thanks all,

The Bearded Boar

2 comments:

  1. Too Cool Man! You're raising him right. Hope to bring my son in the ground blind some this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see his face when I tell him he can come do a spot-n-stock with me. Him and I have gotten within 25yr of a group of does once. He stayed quite, that was the shocker.

    ReplyDelete